When Experience Matters, Trust Paternoster Solar
Solar Thermal DESIGN/BUILD Consultant
Award-winning solar designer and world- renowned Solar thermal trainer, Todd Paternoster, is the driving force behind this company. Our philosophy lies in simplicity. After having taught nearly 3,000 professionals worldwide, Todd is able to offer a very unique perspective within the solar thermal industry.
Providing a full-service, solar hot water experience to a rapidly growing global market; we have the knowledge and the passion to help you succeed no matter your skill set or project size. With worldwide experience designing, installing and servicing solar thermal systems, Paternoster solar is one of the most trusted names in the Solar Hot Water industry.
We specialize in DESIGN/BUILD Solar Hot Water Systems for high-end Clientele seeking LEED Platinum.
Its all about the “Best Practices” and Todd has seen them all. Todd’s passion for solar and his excellent communication and critical thinking skills enable him to efficiently present solutions for his clients’ needs from on-site training, project management, turn-key installations, conceptual design, sales and even phone call troubleshooting/consulting
- Co-author, Solar Hot Water Fundamentals; Siting,Design and Installation 2011
- Director of Training, National Solar Trainers, March 2011- present.
- Developed IREC accredited, online training curriculum for installers and engineers in solar thermal
- Taught Building Analyst course, Photovoltaics course, Solar Thermal Course
- Guest lecturer at world renowned solar expositions
- American Solar Energy Society annual conference, “Solar Hot Water Installation and design”– Raleigh May 2011
- InterSolar 2011 “Solar Hot Water Systems”- San Francisco
- Solar Industries Association- “Solar Hot Water Fundamentals”- Dallas 2011
- Director of Solar Thermal Education and Training, SunMaxx Solar, March 2009 –March 2011
- Developed fully accredited IREC/NABCEP curriculum and implementation of 5 tiered, 40 hr, training program for dealers and installers including theory, sales, maintenance and hands-on installation.
- Built a state of the art training facility for Solar thermal training, including 5 systems for manipulation and troubleshooting on site
- Trained over 2,900 adult students on proper design and installation of solar thermal systems worldwide
- Designed over 40 commercial solar thermal DHW systems (including Harvard University, Ft Hood Texas, among other prominent organizations)
- Designed over 75 residential solar thermal Combisystems
- Personally installed and commissioned 42 Solar Hot Water systems.
- Designed award winning (NYSIEA 6K) solar thermal system for Wallkill Prison in NY using on-demand, zero storage strategy for 1440 Evacuated tube system 2010